Designing for Modern Learning: Redefining L&D's Approach for a Digital Age
Join us for this webinar at 12 pm, September 30, 2020!
L&D's world continues to change, yet, based on recent surveys, L&D can't seem to satisfy the C-Suite or our learners. Learn what has changed in our landscape, and how that impacts L&D. In this webinar, you will be introduced to a philosophy and a model that is helping L&D organizations remain relevant, and even critical, to the success of our businesses and its employees in this digital age.
Based on the book Designing for Modern Learning (ATD Press, 2020), Lisa MD Owens and Crystal Kadakia describe the OK-Learning Cluster Design model, and an overview of how the model helps L&D modernize with less stress and more results. They provide a deeper dive on two of the 5 Actions that make up the model. Case studies and stories make this session a favorite among ATD Chapters.
About the speakers:
Lisa MD Owens
is a learning expert who combines her engineering mindset with her deep interest in instructional design and learning sciences to create training that moves business forward. In 2016, with Crystal Kadakia, Lisa (Dean of Learning Sciences, Emeritus P&G) researched issues facing L&D in this modern age resulting in the highly-rated ATD LearnNOW and ATD book, Designing for Modern Learning: Beyond ADDIE and SAM slated to be the next evolution for the L&D industry after blended learningCrystal Kadakia
is a 2-time TEDx speaker, Power 30 Under 30 recipient, best-selling author of The Millennial Myth, and OD consultant. Crystal explores topics like relationships, inclusion, and productivity for the Digital Age. She co-developed the Owens-Kadakia Learning Cluster Design Model. Clients like General Mills, Baxter Healthcare, Coast Capital, and Wells Fargo, bring her complex learning and OD challenges to solve. Crystal has a bachelor's in Chemical Engineering and a master's in Organization Development.
Learning Objectives: Attendees will gain the following by participating in the webinar:
- Speak the new language of modern L&D
- Gain insights on a new philosophy to more easily meet business needs
- Visualize a strategy to more easily help learners learn when, where and how they need to learn
- Pick your starting point in the Learning Cluster Design (LCD) model comprised of five Actions for L&D
- Integrate the LCD model with tried-and-true ID models into the digital age instructional design
- Get energized with quick wins and easy to apply visuals
This session addresses these ATD 2020 Capabilities:
- Personal: Collaboration & Leadership; Project management
- Organizational: Business Insight, Performance Improvement
- Professional: Instructional Design
Annual Passholder - Free
Member - $15 (plus 1 guest for FREE)
Future Member - $18
Student - $10